"KINNERLEY, a parish in the hundred of Lower Oswestry, county Salop, 6 miles S.E. of Oswestry. The parish is intersected by the great Holyhead road and a branch of the river Severn. It contains the townships of Dovaston, Edgerley, Kynaston, Maesbrook, Osbaston, and Tyricoed. The ancient castle was demolished during the minority of Henry III. by Llewellyn, Prince of Wales. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford, value £114. The church is a plain edifice dedicated to St. Mary. The parochial charities produce about £16 per annum." [Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868 by Colin Hinson ©2015]
- The transcription of the Parish Registers for Kinnerley provided by Mel Lockie.
- A transcript of the Kinnerley parish entries from Samuel Lewis's 1831 Topographical Dictionary of England,
- A transcript of the Kinnerley parish entries from Gregory's 1824 Gazetteer of Shropshire,
Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868 by Colin Hinson ©2015
- " DOVASTON, a township in the parish of Kinnerley, in the county of Salop, 6 miles S.E. of Oswestry. In the neighbourhood there is a place called Kynaston's Leap, after an outlaw of that name."
- " EDGERLEY, a township in the parish of Kinnerley, county Salop, 8 miles S.E. of Oswestry. It is situated near the river Severn."
- " KYNASTON, a township in the parish of Kinnerley, county Salop, 7 miles S.E. of Oswestry."
- " OSBASTON, a township in the parish of Kinnerley, county Salop, 4 miles S.E. of Oswestry."
- " TYRICOED, a township in the parish of Kinnerley, county Salop, 10 miles N.W. of Shrewsbury."
- " UPPER MAESBROOK, (and Lower Maesbrook) townships in the parish of Kinnerley, county Salop, 5 miles S.E. of Oswestry.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Kinnerley to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Kinnerley has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SJ338209 (Lat/Lon: 52.781603, -2.982913), Kinnerley which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)