"LONG STANTON (or STANTON LONG), a parish in the lower division of the hundred of Munslow, a vicarage discharged, in the diocese of Hereford, the deanery of Wenlock, and archdeaconry of Salop. 49 houses, 261 inhabitants. 8 miles south-east of Church Stretton.
" BROCKTON, a township in the parish of Long Stanton, and in the franchise of Wenlock."
" BROOKHAMPTON, a township in the parish of Long Stanton, and in the upper division of the hundred of Munslow. 11 houses, 191 inhabitants. 6 miles south-west by south of Wenlock."
[Transcribed information from A Gazetteer of Shropshire - T Gregory - 1824](unless otherwise stated)
[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2015]