LOPPINGTON: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1824.

"LOPPINGTON, a parish in the Ellesmere division of the hundred of Pimhill. A vicarage discharged, in the diocese of Coventry and Lichfield, the deanery of Salop, and archdeaconry of Salop. 101 houses, 622 inhabitants. 3 miles north-west by west of Wem."

" BURLTON, a township in the parish of Loppington, and in the Ellesmere division of the hundred of Pimhill. 4 miles south- west of Wem."

" NONNELEY (or NONELEY), a township in the parish of Loppington, and in the Ellesmere division of the hundred of Pimhill. 2 miles south-west of Wem. The greater part of this township is the property of Richard Noneley, Esq.

[Transcribed information from A Gazetteer of Shropshire - T Gregory - 1824](unless otherwise stated)

[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2015]