"LOPPINGTON, a parish in the hundred of PIMHILL, county of SALOP, 3 miles (W.) from Wem, containing 622 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry of Salop, and diocese of Lichfield and Coventry, rated in the king's books at £6. 12. 1., and in the- patronage of the Crown. The church is dedicated to St. Mary.. There is a place of worship for Wesleyan Methodists."
[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1831](unless otherwise stated)
[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2015]