"LYDHAM, a parish partly in the hundred and county of MONTGOMERY, but chiefly in the hundred of PURSLOW, county of SALOP, 2 miles (N. N. E.) from Bishop's Castle, containing 225 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Salop, and diocese of Hereford, rated in the king's books at £ 10, and in the patronage of the Rev. Herbert Oakeley. The church is dedicated to the Holy Trinity. The river Camlet takes its rise in this parish."
[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1831](unless otherwise stated)
[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2015]