MAINSTONE: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1824.

"MAINSTONE, a parish partly in the Mainstone division of the hundred of Clun, partly in the county of Montgomery. The entire parish contains 451 inhabitants. The Shropshire part 49 houses, 296 inhabitants. A rectory discharged, in the diocese of Hereford, the deanery of Clun, and archdeaconry of Salop. 4 miles south-west of Bishopscastle."

" CASTLE WRIGHT, a township in the parish of Mainstone, and in the Mainstone division of the hundred of Clun."

" EDENHOPE (Upper and Lower), a township in the parish of Mainstone and in the Mainstone division of the hundred of Chin. 8½ miles west of Bishopscastle."

" REITH or REILTH, a township in the parish of Mainstone, and in the Mainstone division of the hundred of Cleen. 3 miles south west of Bishopscastle."

[Transcribed information from A Gazetteer of Shropshire - T Gregory - 1824](unless otherwise stated)

[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2015]