"MELVERLEY, a parish in the hundred of OSWESTRY, county of SALOP, 11 miles (W. N. W.) from Shrewsbury, containing 225 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry and diocese of St. Asaph, and in the patronage of the Rector of Llandrinio. The church is dedicated to St. Peter."
[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1831](unless otherwise stated)
[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2015]