"MONK HOPTON, a parish within the liberty of WENLOCK, county of SALOP, 4 miles (S.) from Much Wenlock, containing 168 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Much Wenlock, in the archdeaconry of Salop, and diocese of Hereford, endowed with £800 royal bounty. Sir R. Lawley, Bart, was patron in 1820. The church is dedicated to St. Peter."
[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1831](unless otherwise stated)
[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2015]