"MORE (or MOOR), a parish in the Bishopscastle division of the hundred of Purslow, a rectory discharged, in the diocese of Hereford, the deanery of Clun, and archdeaconry of Salop. 47 houses, 277 inhabitants. 2½ miles north-east of Bishops- castle.
" LINLEY, a township in the parish of More, and in the Bishopscastle division of the hundred of Purslow. 8 miles north-east of Bishopscastle."
[Transcribed information from A Gazetteer of Shropshire - T Gregory - 1824](unless otherwise stated)
[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2015]