MUNSLOW: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1824.

"MUNSLOW (or MOUNSLOW), a parish in the lower division of the hundred of Munslow, a rectory, in the diocese of Hereford, the deanery of Wenlock, and archdeaconry of Salop. 108 houses, 706 inhabitants. 6 miles south-east of Church Skelton.

" ASTON, a township in the parish of Munslow, and in the lower division of the hundred of Munslow. 9 miles north of Ludlow."

" BROAD STREET AND CASTLE, a ward in the borough of Ludlow, in the parish of St. Laurence, Broad Street and Castle Ward contains 443 houses, 2208 inhabitants."

" BROADSTONE, a township in the parish of Munslow, and in the lower division of the hundred of Munslow. 8 miles south-west by south of Wenlock."

" BURWAY, a township in the parish of Munslow, and in the lower division of the hundred of Munslow. 1 mile northwest of Ludlow."

" POSTON, a township in the parishes of Munslow and Diddlebury, and in the lower division of the hundred of Munslow."

" THONGLANDS, a township in the parish of Munslow, and in the lower division of the hundred of Munslow. 7½ miles south-east of Church Stretton."

[Transcribed information from A Gazetteer of Shropshire - T Gregory - 1824](unless otherwise stated)

[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2015]