Hide

NORBURY: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1824.

hide
Hide

"NORBURY, a parish in the Bishopscastle division of the hundred of Purslow, a chapel to Lydbury, in the diocese of Hereford, the deanery of Clun, and archdeaconry of Salop. 72 houses, 877 inhabitants. 4 miles north-east of Bishopscastle."

" ASTERTON, a township in the parish of Norbury, and in the Bishopscastle division of the hundred of Purslow. 5 miles north- east of Bishopscastle."

" WHITCOT, a township in the parish of Norbury, and in the Bishopscastle division of the hundred of Purslow. 4 miles north- east of Bishopscastle."

[Transcribed information from A Gazetteer of Shropshire - T Gregory - 1824](unless otherwise stated)

[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2015]