"PRESTON GUBBALS (or PRESTON GOBALDS, or PRESTON GUBBALDS), a parish in the liberties of Shrewsbury, a chapel, in the diocese of Coventry and Lichfield, the deanery of Salop, and archdeaconry of Salop. 79 houses, 369 inhahitants. 4½ miles north of Shrewsbury.
" MERRINGTON, a township in the parish of Preston Gubbals, and in the liberties of Shrewsbury. 5½ miles northwest by north of Shrewsbury."
[Transcribed information from A Gazetteer of Shropshire - T Gregory - 1824](unless otherwise stated)
[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2015]