"PRESTON GUBBALS, a parish in the liberties of the town of SHREWSBURY, county of SALOP, 4 miles (N.) from Shrewsbury, containing, with the township of Merrington, 369 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, united to the vicarage of Prees,' in the archdeaconry of Salop, and diocese of Lichfield and Coventry, endowed with £400 private benefaction, and £600 royal bounty. The church is dedicated to St. Martin."
" MERRINGTON, a township in the parish of PRESTON GUBBALS, liberties of SHREWSBURY, county of SALOP, 5 miles (N. by W.) from Shrewsbury, containing 203 inhabitants."
[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1831](unless otherwise stated)
[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2015]