RODINGTON: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1831.
"RODINGTON (or RODDINGTON), a parish in the Wellington division of the hundred of BRADFORD (South), county of SALOP, 5 miles (N. W.byW.) from Wellington, containing 445 inhabitants. The living is a discharged rectory, in the archdeaconry of Salop, and diocese of Lichfield and Coventry, rated in the king's books at £6. 13. 4., and in the patronage of the Crown. The church is dedicated to St. George. The river Rode and the Shrewsbury canal pass through the village."
[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1831](unless otherwise stated)
[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2015]