"RODINGTON, a parish in the Wellington division of South Bradford hundred, county Salop, 7 miles from Shrewsbury, its post town, and 4½ N.W. of Wellington. The village, which is of small extent, is situated on the Shrewsbury canal and river Rodden. The inhabitants are chiefly engaged in agriculture. The parish comprises the townships of Rodington and Sugden. The glebe consists of 35 acres. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield, value £270. The church, dedicated to St. George, is a modern edifice. The Wesleyans have a place of worship. The parochial charities produce about £18 per annum, arising from legacies."[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868 by Colin Hinson ©2015]
- A transcript of the Rodington parish entries from Samuel Lewis's 1831 Topographical Dictionary of England,
- A transcript of the Rodington parish entries from Gregory's 1824 Gazetteer of Shropshire,
Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868 by Colin Hinson ©2015
- " SUGDEN, a township in the parish of Rodington, county Salop, 6 miles N.E. of Shrewsbury."
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Rodington to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Rodington has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SJ589144 (Lat/Lon: 52.725674, -2.609997), Rodington which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)