RUSHBURY: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1824.

"RUSHBURY, a parish in the upper division of the hundred of Munslow, a rectory, in the diocese of Hereford, the deanery of Wenlock, and archdeaconry of Salop. 91 houses, 478 inhabitants."

" EASTWALL, a township in the parish of Rushbury, and in the upper division of the hundred of Muuslow. 5 miles east of Church Stretton."

" GRETTON, a township in the parish of Rushbury, and in the upper division of the hundred of Munslow. 4 miles northeast by east of Church Stretton."

" LUTWICH, a township in the parish of Rushbury, and in the upper division of the hundred of Munslow."

" STANWAY and WHILDERHOPE, a township in the parish of Rushbury, and in the upper division of the hundred of Munslow. 6 miles south-east by east of Church Stretton."

" STONE ACTON, a township in the parish of Rushbury, and in the upper division of the hundred of Munslow. miles east of Church Stretton."

" WALL UNDER HAYWOOD, a township in the parish of Rushbury, and in the upper division of the hundred of Munslow. 4 miles south-east by east of Church Stretton."

[Transcribed information from A Gazetteer of Shropshire - T Gregory - 1824](unless otherwise stated)

[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2015]