"SHEINTON, a parish in the hundred of STOTTESDEN, though locally in that of .Condover, county of SALOP, 3 miles (N. by W.) from Much Wenlock, containing 182 inhabitants. The living is a discharged rectory, in the archdeaconry of Salop, and diocese of Lichfield and Coventry, rated in the king's books at £6. 9. 2., endowed with £200 private benefaction, and £200 royal bounty, and in the patronage of W. Hill, Esq. The church is dedicated to St. Peter and St. Paul. The parish is bounded on the north by-the river Severn."
[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1831](unless otherwise stated)
[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2015]