SHELVE: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1824.
"SHELVE, a parish in the lower division of the hundred of Chirbury, a rectory discharged, in the diocese of Hereford, the deanery of Pontesbury, and archdeaconry of Salop. 9 houses, 55 inhabitants. 7 miles north-east by north of Bishopscastle."
" RHITTON (or RITTON), a township in the parish of Shelve, and in the lower division of the hundred of Chirbury.
[Transcribed information from A Gazetteer of Shropshire - T Gregory - 1824](unless otherwise stated)
[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2015]