SHRAWARDINE: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1824.
"SHRAWARDINE, a parish in the Baschurch division of the hundred of Pimhill, a rectory remaining in charge, in the diocese of Hereford, the deanery of Postesbury, and archdeaconry of Salop. 6 miles north-west of Shrewsbury. 30 houses, 177 inhabitants. The decrease of population in Shrawardine is ascribed to a family of nine persons having left the parish, and an increase of burials above baptisms."
[Transcribed information from A Gazetteer of Shropshire - T Gregory - 1824](unless otherwise stated)
[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2015]