Shrewsbury: St Julian
"SHREWSBURY ST. JULIAN, a parish in the town of Shrewsbury."[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868 by Colin Hinson ©2015]
- A transcript of the ShrewsburyStJulian parish entries from Samuel Lewis's 1831 Topographical Dictionary of England,
- A transcript of the ShrewsburyStJulian parish entries from Gregory's 1824 Gazetteer of Shropshire,
Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868 by Colin Hinson ©2015
- " BAYSTON, a township in the parishes of Condover and Shrewsbury St. Julian, hundred of Condover, in the county of Salop, 3 miles from Shrewsbury. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Lichfield, value £30, in the patronage of the Curate of St. Julian's.
- " COLEHAM, a township and chapelry in the parish of Shrewsbury St. Julian, and the borough of Shrewsbury, in the county of Salop, 1 mile from Salop. The living is a curacy in the diocese of Lichfield, in the patronage of the Earl of Tankerville."
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Shrewsbury: St Julian to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Shrewsbury: St Julian has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SJ494122 (Lat/Lon: 52.705091, -2.75031), Shrewsbury: St Julian which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)