"SIBDON-CARWOOD, a parish in the Stow division of Purslow hundred, county Salop, 7 miles S.W. of Church Stritton, and 1 mile N.W. Of Stokesay. The parish is situated on the road from Ludlow to Bishop's Castle. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Hereford, value £50."[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868 by Colin Hinson ©2015]
- The transcription of the Parish Registers for Sibdon Carwood provided by Mel Lockie.
- A transcript of the SibdonCarwood parish entries from Samuel Lewis's 1831 Topographical Dictionary of England,
- A transcript of the SibdonCarwood parish entries from Gregory's 1824 Gazetteer of Shropshire,
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Sibdon Carwood to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Sibdon Carwood has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SO412832 (Lat/Lon: 52.443586, -2.866499), Sibdon Carwood which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)