SMETHCOTT: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1824.

"SMETHCOTT, a parish in the Condover division of the hundred of Condover, a rectory discharged, in the diocese of Coventry and Lichfield, the deanery of Salop, and archdeaconry of Salop. 65 houses, 347 inhabitants. 4½ miles north of Church Stretton."

" BETCHCOTT, a township in the parish of Smethcott, and in the Condover division of the hundred of Condover."

" PICKLESCOT, a township in the parish of Smethcott, and in the Condover division of the hundred of Condover. 4 miles north- west by north of Church Stretton."

" SMETHCOT HAMLETS, a township in the parish of Smethcott, and in the Condover division of the hundred of Condover."

[Transcribed information from A Gazetteer of Shropshire - T Gregory - 1824](unless otherwise stated)

[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2015]