"SMETHCOTT, a parish in the hundred of CONDOVER, county of SALOP, 9 miles (S. by W.) from Shrewsbury, containing 347 inhabitants. The living is a discharged rectory, in the archdeaconry of Salop, and diocese of Lichfield and Coventry, rated in the king's books at £4. 9-, and in the patronage of Mrs. Lacey. The church is dedicated to St. Michael."
[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1831](unless otherwise stated)
[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2015]