ST. MARTIN: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1824.

 

"ST. MARTIN, a parish in the upper division of the hundred of Oswestry, a vicarage discharged, in the diocese of St. Asaph, and the deanery of Marchia. 390 houses, 1,852 inhabitants. 5 miles north-east by north of Oswestry."

" BRONNYGARTH, a township in the parish of St. Martin, and in the upper division of the hundred of Oswestry. With Weston Rhyn it contains 192 houses, 917 inhabitants. 4½ miles north-west by north of Oswestry."

" ISTON RHYNN, a township in the parish of St. Martin, and in the upper division of the hundred of Oswestry. 198 houses, 935 inhabitants."

" WESTON RHYNN, a township in the parish of St. Martin, and in the upper division of the hundred of Oswestry."

[Transcribed information from A Gazetteer of Shropshire - T Gregory - 1824](unless otherwise stated)

[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2015]