Stanton upon Hine Heath

Primary tabs

"STANTON UPON HINE HEATH, a parish in the Whitchurch division of North Bradford hundred, county Salop, 9 miles N.E. of Shrewsbury, its post town, and 5 S.E. of Wem. The village, which is considerable, is situated on the river Roden. The parish contains the townships of Booley, Harcourt, High Hutton, and Moston. The soil consists of a sandy loam, with a subsoil of sandstone, which is quarried for building purposes. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield, value £200. The church, dedicated to St. Andrew, is an ancient structure with a tower containing five bells and a clock. The parochial charities produce about £19 per annum, of which £6 go to Baddiley's free school. Sir V. Corbet, Bart., is lord of the manor."[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868 by Colin Hinson ©2015]

topup

Description and Travel

You can see pictures of Stanton upon Hine Heath which are provided by:

topup

Gazetteers

Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868 by Colin Hinson ©2015

  • " BOOLEY, a township in the parish of Stanton-upon-Hine-Heath, hundred of Bradford, in the county of Salop, 4 miles to the S.E. of Wem."
  • " HARCOURT, a township in the parish of Stanton-upon-Hine-Heath, hundred of North Bradford, county Salop, 4 miles S.E. of Wem."
  • " HIGH HATTON, a township in the parish of Stanton-upon-Hine-Heath, county Salop, 9 miles N.W. of Newport, and 7 S.E. of Wem.
  • " MOSTON, a township in the parish of Stanton-upon-Hine-Heath, Whitchurch division of the hundred of North Bradford, county Salop, 3 miles S.E. of Wem. It is situated on the river Roden."
  • " STANTON, a township in the parish of Stanton-upon-Hine Heath, Whitchurch division of North Bradford hundred, county Salop, 6 miles S.E. of Wem."

Ask for a calculation of the distance from Stanton upon Hine Heath to another place.

Click here for a list of nearby places.

topup

Historical Geography

You can see the administrative areas in which Stanton upon Hine Heath has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.

topup