Stanton upon Hine Heath
"STANTON UPON HINE HEATH, a parish in the Whitchurch division of North Bradford hundred, county Salop, 9 miles N.E. of Shrewsbury, its post town, and 5 S.E. of Wem. The village, which is considerable, is situated on the river Roden. The parish contains the townships of Booley, Harcourt, High Hutton, and Moston. The soil consists of a sandy loam, with a subsoil of sandstone, which is quarried for building purposes. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield, value £200. The church, dedicated to St. Andrew, is an ancient structure with a tower containing five bells and a clock. The parochial charities produce about £19 per annum, of which £6 go to Baddiley's free school. Sir V. Corbet, Bart., is lord of the manor."[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868 by Colin Hinson ©2015]
- A transcript of the Stanton Upon Hine Heath parish entries from Samuel Lewis's 1831 Topographical Dictionary of England,
- A transcript of the Stanton Upon Hine Heath parish entries from Gregory's 1824 Gazetteer of Shropshire,
Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868 by Colin Hinson ©2015
- " BOOLEY, a township in the parish of Stanton-upon-Hine-Heath, hundred of Bradford, in the county of Salop, 4 miles to the S.E. of Wem."
- " HARCOURT, a township in the parish of Stanton-upon-Hine-Heath, hundred of North Bradford, county Salop, 4 miles S.E. of Wem."
- " HIGH HATTON, a township in the parish of Stanton-upon-Hine-Heath, county Salop, 9 miles N.W. of Newport, and 7 S.E. of Wem.
- " MOSTON, a township in the parish of Stanton-upon-Hine-Heath, Whitchurch division of the hundred of North Bradford, county Salop, 3 miles S.E. of Wem. It is situated on the river Roden."
- " STANTON, a township in the parish of Stanton-upon-Hine Heath, Whitchurch division of North Bradford hundred, county Salop, 6 miles S.E. of Wem."
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Stanton upon Hine Heath to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Stanton upon Hine Heath has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SJ569240 (Lat/Lon: 52.811812, -2.640875), Stanton upon Hine Heath which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)