STOTTESDON: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1824.

"STOTTESDON, a parish partly in the Cleobury division of the hundred of Stottesdon, partly in Wolphy hundred in the county of Hereford, a vicarage remaining in charge, in the diocese of Hereford, the deanery of Stottesdon, and archdeaconry of Salop. The Shropshire part contains 232 houses, 1,263 inhabitants. The entire parish has 1,608 inhabitants. 4½ miles north of Cleobury Mortimer."

" DUDLICK, a township in the parish of Stottesdon, and in the Cleobury division of the hundred of Stottesdon. 6 miles north north-west of Cleobury Mortimer."

" HARCOURT, a township in the parish of Stottesdon, and in the Cleobury division of the hundred of Stottesdon."

" OVERTON, a township in the parish of Stottesdon, and in the Cleobury division of the hundred of Stottesdon. 3½ miles north of Cleobury Mortimer."

" WALTON, a township in the parish of Stottesdon, and in the Cleobury division of the hundred of Stottesdon."

" WRICKTON WALKMROW, a township in the parish of Stottesdon, and in the Cleobury division of the hundred of Stotesden. 7 miles south-east of Bridgnorth."

[Transcribed information from A Gazetteer of Shropshire - T Gregory - 1824](unless otherwise stated)

[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2015]