"STOTTESDON (or STOTTESDEN), a parish partly in the hundred of WOLPHY, county of HEREFORD, but chiefly in the hundred of STOTTESDEN, county of SALOP,. 5 miles (N.) from Cleobury Mortimer, containing, with the chapelry of Farlow, 1608 inhabitants. The living is a vicarage, in the archdeaconry of Salop, and diocese of Hereford, rated in the king's books at £15. 10. 10. Sir W. Pulteney, Bart, was patron in 1822. The church, dedicated to St. Mary, was built by Robert de Belesme, Earl of Shrewsbury, who gave it to the abbey of that place."
[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1831](unless otherwise stated)
[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2015]