"SUTTON-MADDOCK, a parish in the Shiffnall division of Brimstree hundred, county Salop, 4 miles S. of Shiffnall, its post town, and 3 S.E. of Iron Bridge. The village is near the river Severn, which is here joined by the Shropshire canal. There is a china manufactory. The living is a vicarage annexed to that of Kemberton, in the diocese of Lichfield. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. There is a parochial school for both sexes."[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868 by Colin Hinson ©2015]
- A transcript of the SuttonMaddock parish entries from Samuel Lewis's 1831 Topographical Dictionary of England,
- A transcript of the SuttonMaddock parish entries from Gregory's 1824 Gazetteer of Shropshire,
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Sutton Maddock to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Sutton Maddock has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SJ723014 (Lat/Lon: 52.609666, -2.410496), Sutton Maddock which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)