"UPPINGTON, a parish in the Wellington division of South Bradford hundred, county Salop, 4 miles S.W. of Wellington, its post town, and 8 from Shrewsbury. The village is situated under the Wrekin. The living is a donative in the diocese of Lichfield, value £70. The church is dedicated to the Holy Trinity. The Duke of Cleveland is lord of the manor and sole landowner."[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868 by Colin Hinson ©2015]
- The transcription of the Parish Registers for Uppington provided by Mel Lockie.
- A transcript of the Uppington parish entries from Samuel Lewis's 1831 Topographical Dictionary of England,
- A transcript of the Uppington parish entries from Gregory's 1824 Gazetteer of Shropshire,
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Uppington to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Uppington has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SJ599095 (Lat/Lon: 52.681702, -2.594592), Uppington which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)