"UPTON CRESSETT, a parish in the Chelmarsh division of the hundred of Stottesdon, a rectory discharged, in the diocese of Coventry and Lichfield, the deanery of Stottesdon, and archdeaconry of Salop. 9 houses, 69 inhabitants. 4½ miles south- west by west of Bridgnorth. The residence of Mrs. Haruage."
" MEADOWLEY, a township in the parish of Upton Cressett, and in the hundred of Stottesdon."
[Transcribed information from A Gazetteer of Shropshire - T Gregory - 1824](unless otherwise stated)
[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2015]