WISTANSTOW: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1824.

"WISTANSTOW, a parish partly in the Stow division of the hundred of Purslow, and partly in the hundred of Munslow, a rectory remaining in charge, in the diocese of Hereford, the deanery of Ludlow, and archdeaconry of Salop. 162 houses, 883 inhabitants. 7½ miles south-east by east of Bishopscastle."

" CHINA LONGVILLE, a township in the parish of Wistanstow, and in the Stow division of the hundred of Purslow."

" FELHAMPTON, a township in the parish of Wistanstow, and in the upper division of the hundred of Munslow. 4 miles south of Church Stretton. Felhampton hall is the residence of - Marston, Esq."

" STREFFORD, a township in the parish of Wistanstow, and in the Stow division of the hundred of Purslow. 5½ miles south-west by south of Church Stretton."

" WHITTINGSLOW, a township in the parish of Wistanstow, and in the upper division of the hundred of Munslow."

" WISTANSTOW and WOOLSTON, a township in the parish of Wistanstow, and in the Stow division of the hundred of Purslow, and partly in Munslow."

[Transcribed information from A Gazetteer of Shropshire - T Gregory - 1824](unless otherwise stated)

[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2015]