"WOOLSTASTON, a parish in the hundred of Condover, county Salop, 4 miles N. of Church-Stretton. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford, value £165. There are traces of a Roman intrenchment on Castle Hill."[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868 by Colin Hinson ©2015]
- The transcription of the Parish Registers for Wolstaston provided by Mel Lockie.
- A transcript of the Woolstaston parish entries from Samuel Lewis's 1831 Topographical Dictionary of England,
- A transcript of the Woolstaston parish entries from Gregory's 1824 Gazetteer of Shropshire,
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Woolstaston to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Woolstaston has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SO452984 (Lat/Lon: 52.580636, -2.810167), Woolstaston which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)