WROCKWARDINE: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1831.
"WROCKWARDINE, a parish in the Wellington division of the hundred of BRADFORD (South), county of SALOP, 2 miles (W. by N.) from Wellington, containing 2240 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry of Salop., and diocese of Lichfield and Coventry, rated in the king's books at £7. 8. 6., and in the patronage of the Crown. The church, dedicated to St. Peter, is a venerable edifice of red stone, substantially built, and in good repair. The Shrewsbury canal passes through the parish, which is bounded on the north by the river Tern. In the neighbourhood are extensive mines of coal and iron-' stone, also a mineral spring of considerable celebrity, called Admaston Spa."
[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1831](unless otherwise stated)
[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2015]