"ASH-BOCKING, a parish in the hundred of Bosmere and Claydon, in the county of Suffolk, 6 miles to the N. of Ipswich. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Norwich, value £333, in the patronage of the lord chancellor. The church, which contains a brass of the year 1585, is dedicated to All Saints. The charities, consisting of the income from the town lands, amount to £25."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Descriptions and photographs of churches in the parish may be found in Simon Knott's Suffolk Churches.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Ashbocking to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Ashbocking has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TM174552 (Lat/Lon: 52.152237, 1.176481), Ashbocking which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)