"ASPALL, a parish in the hundred of Hartismere, in the county of Suffolk, 1 mile from Debenham, its post town. It lies near the source of the river Deben. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Norwich, value £149, in the patronage of Mrs. Chevallier. The free school has an endowment by the Rev. John Metcalf (1612) of £60 per annum."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Descriptions and photographs of churches in the parish may be found in Simon Knott's Suffolk Churches.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Aspall to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Aspall has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TM168656 (Lat/Lon: 52.245847, 1.174105), Aspall which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)