"BARNARDISTON, (or Barniston), a parish in the hundred of Risbridge, in the county of Suffolk. 4 miles from Haverhill. Clare is its post town. It contains the extra-parochial liberty of Risbridge Monks. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely, of the value of £191, in the gift of the Rev. V. Ellis. The church is dedicated to All Saints.
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Descriptions and photographs of churches in the parish may be found in Simon Knott's Suffolk Churches.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Barnardiston to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Barnardiston has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TL713494 (Lat/Lon: 52.116097, 0.499749), Barnardiston which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)