"BOULGE, a parish in the hundred of Wilford, in the county of Suffolk, 3 miles to the N. of Woodbridge, its post town. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Norwich, of the value with that of Debach united to it, of £300, in the patronage of H. W. Field, Esq. The church is dedicated to St. Michael. In the vicinity is Boulge Hall."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Descriptions and photographs of churches in the parish may be found in Simon Knott's Suffolk Churches.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Boulge to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Boulge has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TM252528 (Lat/Lon: 52.127902, 1.288877), Boulge which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)