Bradfield St George
"BRADFIELD ST. GEORGE, a parish in the hundred of Thedwestry, in the county of Suffolk, 5 miles to the S.E. of Bury St. Edmund's, its post town. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely, of the value with that of Rushbrook annexed, of £550, in the patronage of the Marquis of Bristol. The church is dedicated to St. George. The surrounding country is very flat, and the view from the top of the steeple is of considerable extent, embracing parts of Norfolk, Cambridgeshire, and Essex. It is said that 60 parish churches are within sight. There is a small endowment for education."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Descriptions and photographs of churches in the parish may be found in Simon Knott's Suffolk Churches.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Bradfield St George to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Bradfield St George has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TL919591 (Lat/Lon: 52.196451, 0.805692), Bradfield St George which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)