"BUXHALL, a parish in the hundred of Stow, in the county of Suffolk, 3 miles to the W. of Stowmarket, its post town, which is a station on the Great Eastern railway. A small branch of the river Gipping or Orwell runs through the parish. The corn trade forms the chief business of the place. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Norwich, of the annual value of £578, in the patronage of the Rev. C. Hill, incumbent. The church is dedicated to St. Mary."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Descriptions and photographs of churches in the parish may be found in Simon Knott's Suffolk Churches.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Buxhall to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Buxhall has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TL997568 (Lat/Lon: 52.17311, 0.918388), Buxhall which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)