Capel St Andrew
"CAPEL, a parish in the hundred of Wilford, in the county of Suffolk, 6 miles to the E. of Woodbridge, its post town. It is situated on the river Butley. The living is a perpetual curacy* united with that of Butley, in the diocese of Norwich. The church, dedicated to St. Andrew, has long been in decay. The parochial charities amount to £6 a year, being the value of the town lands."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Descriptions and photographs of churches in the parish may be found in Simon Knott's Suffolk Churches.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Capel St Andrew to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Capel St Andrew has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TM359484 (Lat/Lon: 52.083355, 1.44187), Capel St Andrew which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)