"CHILLESFORD, a parish in the hundred of Plomesgate, in the county of Suffolk, 3 miles N.W. of Orford, and 9 N.E. of Woodbridge. Wickham Market is its post town. It is situated on an estuary of the river Butley, near Orford Haven. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich, value £355, in the patronage of the Rev. W. E. Pooley. The church, dedicated to St. Peter, is a stone edifice. Hero is a school. The charities amount to about £5 per annum."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Chillesfords Children povides relevant Census transcripts for
1911, and 1911 Strays.
The site also includes a variety of other Church Record information, including
Baptisms 1740 to 1812
P.R. Baptisms 1813 to 1900
P.R.Marriages 1742 to 1837
Marriages 1838 to 1900
Marriages 1900 to 1911
Banns to 1917
Burials to 1900
In addition the site contains other more general information, such as
Baptist Chapel Records
IGI Batch No. P012321
Graves in St. Peter to 2010
Reports, Stories & Notes
Settlement Certificates etc.
Descriptions and photographs of churches in the parish may be found in Simon Knott's Suffolk Churches.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Chillesford to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Chillesford has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TM387521 (Lat/Lon: 52.116095, 1.485043), Chillesford which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)