" CROWFIELD, a parochial chapelry in Bosmere district, Suffolk; 4 miles ENE of Needham-Market town and r. station. Post town, Coddenham, under Needham-Market. Acres, 1,721. Real property, £3,285. Pop., 353. Houses, 86. The property is subdivided. Crowfield Hall is the seat of Sir W. F. F. Middleton, Bart. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Coddenham, in the diocese of Norwich. The church is good; and there is a Baptist chapel."
From John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales, (1870-72).
For general information on the England Census see our English Census page.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Crowfield to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Crowfield has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TM144575 (Lat/Lon: 52.173798, 1.134638), Crowfield which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)