" CROWFIELD, a parochial chapelry in Bosmere district, Suffolk; 4 miles ENE of Needham-Market town and r. station. Post town, Coddenham, under Needham-Market. Acres, 1,721. Real property, £3,285. Pop., 353. Houses, 86. The property is subdivided. Crowfield Hall is the seat of Sir W. F. F. Middleton, Bart. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Coddenham, in the diocese of Norwich. The church is good; and there is a Baptist chapel."
From John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales, (1870-72).