"CULPHO, a parish in the hundred of Carlford, in the county of Suffolk, 4½ miles N.E. of Ipswich, its post town, and 4 W. of Woodbridge station on the East Suffolk branch of the Great Eastern railway. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Norwich, value £55, in the patronage of T. B. Gurdon, Esq. The church, dedicated to St. Botolph, is a plain building, consisting of nave and tower. The charities amount to about £5 per annum. T. B. Gurdon, Esq., is lord of the manor."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Descriptions and photographs of churches in the parish may be found in Simon Knott's Suffolk Churches.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Culpho to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Culpho has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TM211494 (Lat/Lon: 52.098957, 1.226947), Culpho which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)