"DENHAM St John, a parish in the hundred of Hoxne, in the county of Suffolk, 5½ miles E. of Mellis, and 2 N.E. of Eye railway station. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Norwich, value with the vicarage of Hoxne, £450, in the patronage of Sir E. Kerrison, who is lord of the manor. The church, dedicated to St. John the Baptist, is a small edifice, and contains a brass to Bedinfield. On the E. wall is an inscription, recording its erection by William de Kirkby, Prior of Norwich, in the 13th century."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)