National Gazetteer, 1868
Euston - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868
"EUSTON, a parish in the hundred of Blackbourn, county Suffolk, 3 miles S.E. of Thetford, its post town and railway station on the Great Eastern line, and 10 N. of Bury St. Edmund's. It is situated on the river Brandon, and contains the village of Little Fakenham, and the extra-parochial place called Rymer. The Euston and Patishall families formerly possessed it, from whom it passed to Benet Earl of Arlington, and by marriage to the Duke of Grafton, in whose family it remains, and to whom it gives the title of earl. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Ely, value with the rectories of Fakenham Parva and Barnham annexed, £645. The church, dedicated to St. Genevieve, stands in Euston Park. It is a handsome structure with square tower, containing monuments of the dukes of Grafton, with the members and retainers of their family, also four brasses, dating back to the 15th century, and tombs of the 16th. Euston Hall is the seat of the Duke of Grafton. The park and gardens are laid out with great taste, and contain a temple, designed by Kent. There is a free school for the children of the place. The Duke of Grafton is lord of the manor."
"LITTLE FAKENHAM, a hamlet in the parish of Euston, in the hundred of Gallow, county Suffolk, near Fakenham Lancaster. It was formerly a parish. The living is a rectory annexed to Euston, but there is no church.
From The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)