Flixton St Andrew
"FLIXTON St Andrew, a parish in the hundred of Mutford, county Suffolk, 3 miles N.W. of Lowestoft, its post town, and 8 S. of Yarmouth. There is no village, only a few farmhouses. The living is a rectory annexed to that of Blundeston, in the diocese of Norwich. The church was rendered unfit for use by a violent storm in 1703, and has not since been restored: there is now only a part of the walls standing, covered with ivy. Sir S. M. Peto, Bart., is lord of the manor."
From The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Descriptions and photographs of churches in the parish may be found in Simon Knott's Suffolk Churches.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Flixton St Andrew to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Flixton St Andrew has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TM515957 (Lat/Lon: 52.501404, 1.704053), Flixton St Andrew which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)