"FORNHAM ST. GENEVIEVE, a parish in the hundred of Thedwestry, county Suffolk, 1 mile N. of Fornham All Saints, and 3 N.W. of Bury St. Edmund's, its post town. Simon de Montfort, Earl of Leicester, was defeated here in 1173 by Robert de Lucy. This was a part of the demesne of the abbey of Bury St. Edmund's, and after the Dissolution was given to Sir Thomas Kitson. The parish, which is of small extent, is situated on the river Lark. The dukes of Norfolk had a seat here called Fornham Park, which has been purchased by Lord John Manners. The living is a rectory annexed to that of Risley, in the diocese of Norwich. The church was destroyed by fire in 1782, except the tower, and has not been rebuilt. The charities produce about £5 per annum. In the vicinity are some mounds of earth, supposed to be burial-places."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)