"FROSTENDEN, a parish in the hundred of Blything, county Suffolk, 2 miles N.E. of Wangford, its post town, and 4 N.W. of Southwold. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich, value £348. The church is an ancient structure dedicated to All Saints. The register commences in 1655. The charities arising from land produce £30 per annum, which is applied to the relief of the poor and repairs of the church. The Dean and Chapter of Westminster are the lords of the manor."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Descriptions and photographs of churches in the parish may be found in Simon Knott's Suffolk Churches.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Frostenden to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Frostenden has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TM476816 (Lat/Lon: 52.376802, 1.636577), Frostenden which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)