"GEDDING, a parish in the hundred of Thedwestry, county Suffolk, 6 miles W. of Stowmarket, and 7 S.E. of Bury St. Edmund's. Woolpit is its post town. The parish is of small extent, and the village wholly agricultural. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely, value £100, in the patronage of the Corporation of Ipswich. The church is a small compact edifice."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Descriptions and photographs of churches in the parish may be found in Simon Knott's Suffolk Churches.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Gedding to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Gedding has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TL949580 (Lat/Lon: 52.185615, 0.849424), Gedding which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)