Great and Little Wratting
"GREAT and LITTLE WRATTING, parishes in the hundred of Risbridge, county Suffolk. The parishes are adjoining and are 2½ miles N.E. of Haverhill, and 6 N.W. of Clare. These villages are situated on a branch of the river Stour, and from the numerous remains of Roman antiquity dug up are supposed to occupy the site of the Roman station Ad Ansam. The livings are both rectories in the diocese of Ely, joint value £450. The church, situated in the parish of Great Wratting, is dedicated to St. Mary. The register commences in 1593. At Little Wratting is a National school.
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Descriptions and photographs of churches in the parish may be found in Simon Knott's Suffolk Churches.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Great and Little Wratting to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Great and Little Wratting has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TL687477 (Lat/Lon: 52.101911, 0.461668), Great and Little Wratting which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)